Merlin on the way North

Merlin on the way North
Johnstone Passage

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Surprise in Sitka!

We were delighted to meet Patrick and Natalie at the top of the dock as they arrived for a four-day stay with us over the 4th of July holiday weekend. We visited on the boat all afternoon and then joined John and Roxie on Xanadu for appetizers. We were pleased when the visitors pulled out two host and hostess presents—one for Rod and one for me. Imagine our huge surprise and happiness when Rod opened an “I Love My Grandpa” mug and I opened an “I Love My Grandma” mug! Patrick and Natalie are expecting! The baby is due in late January! Needless to say, the tears flowed and we talked about the wonderful news for the rest of the weekend! The expectant parents have been married for almost fourteen years, so this is a big change in lifestyle for them. Natalie is doing quite well, we thought, and is now entering her second trimester so will hopefully feel even better.

All we did in Sitka with the kids after that evening was anticlimactic, so I will close this posting with just one picture.


Signing off,
Susan, Rod, and Katie

1 comment:

Barbee and Larry said...

Mazel Tov, Susan, Rod, and Katy! What a surprise. "They" often say that if I had known how much fun it is to be a grandparent, I would have done it first!!!!

Barbee, Larry and Sailor